Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Rule #2: If you can't treat your maid like a human being, then you don't deserve one

I thought last week's report on maid abuse took the cake but it appears that it is an ongoing saga!! Yet another 'employer'...I'd characterise them as slave-owners...has been charged with maid abuse. Well, I say if you can't treat your employees like human beings then you don't deserve the services of other human beings. You should be booted out of human society. An alternative punishment for domestic worker abusers is to serve out an appropriate length of time as a domestic worker. Then maybe you'll understand and emphathise with other human beings?

2 comments:

You've Got MAIDS said...

Well said, Fencer, well said. We run a professional maid service in the USA whose foundation is built on treating all people with respect and dignity. I blog about maid related issues, and my blog has led me to the subhuman treatment some people dispense on their maids in some countries. It is outrageous. Thank you for shining a light on this topic.

FENCER said...

Well I wish there were more we could do about it in this country! I find it hard to believe how barbaric people are!